An interactive multimedia listening and reading lesson on the famous editorial published in The Sun in 1897. Virginia, 8 years-old, wants to know if there is a Santa Claus. This book is in flash and due to its multimedia content, it might take a while to download; please, be patient. Note that it is possible to zoom with a right click.
- All audio files are open source and the 6 parts used in this interactive lesson can be found here on the English site of the Academy of Martinique. More audio recordings of the text can be found here on the Internet Archive from Librivox.
- This magazine cover from USA Weekend could be used to anticipate on this lesson
- An interview with Virginia 66 years later
- a 2008 Marcy video commercial on YouTube
- "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" on Wikipedia